IMPORTANT: This Patient Dashboard is not available at this time. Retiree RxCare is working to bring you a new member portal experience set to launch in early 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Save Money with Better Living with GenericsTM
Did you know that in most cases generic drugs are equally effective as brand-name drugs but usually cost far less? Given all you can save by taking generic drugs, we want to invite you to join hundreds of your fellow Retiree RxCare members who appreciate our Better Living with Generics program. How do you get generic drugs? It’s usually easy when you take the following steps:
- Ask your doctor to prescribe generics or write “may substitute” on your prescriptions. “May substitute” means that the pharmacist can substitute the generic equivalent for your prescription at the pharmacy.
- Say “yes” if your pharmacist asks whether you would like the generic equivalent of the brand name medicine your doctor prescribed.
- If there is no generic equivalent for a brand name medicine you are prescribed, ask your doctor if there is a generic alternative available to treat your condition and if it would be right for you. A “generic alternative” is a therapeutic alternative utilizing a generic drug to treat the same condition.
Medication Assistance for Retiree RxCare Members
Medication therapy management (MTM) is not a benefit but a free service that is being offered by Retiree RxCare to help you get better results from your medications. When you receive MTM services, a specially trained pharmacist will work with you and your doctor to make sure you have all of your questions answered and that you are getting the full benefits from the medications you are taking.
Retiree RxCare (PDP) Medication Management Services is managed by EnvisionRxOptions, an independent contractor that offers
medication therapy management (MTM) services. In order to qualify for these services, you must meet all of the following three targeting criteria:
1. Have a minimum of 3 of the following 5 chronic conditions:
•High Blood Pressure
•Bone Disease-Arthritis (such as Osteoporosis or Arthritis)
2. Be taking at least 3 Part D medications
3. Likely to incur medication costs which equal or exceed at least $4,044 annually
If you meet all of the above criteria, Retiree RxCare will invite you to enroll in our MTM program. You will receive a comprehensive enrollment packet in the mail. Included in this packet is an opt-out form that you can complete should you choose not to participate. This opt-out form may be completed and faxed to 877-503-7231.
Save money, be healthier.
Medication management has been shown to save a tremendous amount of money while improving a patient's quality of life. It has been shown to:
Keep patients out of the hospital
Better medication therapy means less hospital visits
Decrease physician visits
Your questions and concerns are answered without the need for a separate trip to the doctor
Decrease the number of missed events
Your medical conditions are treated faster and better, allowing you to return to your life more quickly
AFFORDING YOUR MEDICATION
Click below to access resources that can help those in need receive their medications for free or at a reduced cost. This link will take you off the RetireeRx.amwins.com website. Retiree Rx is not responsible for the content.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
This website is designed with the patient's medical needs in mind and offers a wide variety of health tools and resources available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This link will take you off the RetireeRx.amwins.com website. Retiree Rx is not responsible for the content.
DISPOSE OF MEDICATION PROPERLY
Keeping unused or expired prescription medication in your home can be dangerous! Click below to learn how to dispose of medicine properly.